Greg Steele is owner, founder, and attorney at Greg Steele Law, LLC. He focuses his practice on family, personal injury, and estate planning law, the three areas that most allow him to apply his brand of small town service to people’s big problems. While many lawyers nowadays have specialized, routinized, and impersonal practices, Greg ensures each and every client gets the individualized concern, respect, and attention they deserve.
Law runs in Greg’s blood. His father, the Honorable William P. Steele, Jr., was an Anderson County magistrate for 25 years, and his mother, Marietta Steele, was a paralegal stayed home to raise me. Greg spend many a summer afternoon watching his dad conduct hearings and trials in magistrate court, and that experience is what inspired him to become a lawyer himself.
Greg is a third generation Andersonian. He graduated from Oakwood Christian School, and then attended Covenant College in Lookout Mountain, Georgia, where he met his lovely wife Janessa. After that, he attended law school at the University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!). His first job out of law school was working for a federal judge in Augusta, Georgia, but he always dreamed of coming back home to Anderson to practice law because he truly believes it is the greatest town on earth. That dream and belief led him to open Greg Steele Law, LLC, to serve Anderson and the other surrounding small town communities.
When Greg is not hard at work on his clients’ cases, you can probably find him serving as a deacon at Living Hope PCA, eating his favorite tacos at Taco Loco, or walking his dog Farrah with his wife Janessa through Linley Park.
- Oakwood Christian School, Class of 2009
- Covenant College, B.A. in History, Class of 2013
- University of Georgia School of Law, Class of 2016
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Brian K. Epps, U.S. Magistrate for the Southern District of Georgia
- Staff Attorney, South Carolina Legal Services
- Staff Attorney, Anderson County DSS
Leadership & Community Involvement
- Deacon, Living Hope PCA Church
- Verner F. Chaffin Award for Excellence in Trust and Estates Law
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division, 10th Circuit Representative
- Maclellan Leadership Scholar